Rajasthan is a state in northern India. It is India’s largest state. This state spread over 342239 km. Its capital and largest city is Jaipur. Other important cities are Jodhpur, Kota, Bikaner, Ajmer, Bharatpur and Udaipur. Rajasthan is land of Royal. Rajasthan features a magnificent forts & palaces, colourful cities, lavish heritage sites and hotels, diverse wildlife, serene lakes and boasting a fascinating history and cultural treasures. The best time to visit Rajasthan is winter season November To March. Below is the list of Top Places to Visit in Rajasthan.
Jaipur is at the top in the list of Top Places to Visit in Rajasthan. It is the capital and the largest city of the Indian state of Rajasthan. Its also known as the pink city. Jaipur founded in 1727 by the Rajput ruler Jai Singh II the ruler of Amer, after whom the city is named. It one of the earliest planned cities of modern India, designed by Vidyadhar Bhattacharya. After independence in 1947, Jaipur was made capital of the newly-formed state of Rajasthan. Jaipur is a popular tourist destination in India. it is bound by royal palaces. On 6 July 2019, UNESCO World Heritage Committee inscribed Jaipur the ‘Pink City of India’ among its World Heritage Sites. The city is also home to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites Amber Fort and Jantar Mantar.
Click Here for More Information About Jaipur
- Places to see: Amer Fort, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort, and more.
- Famous For: Rajasthani handicrafts, jewellery, art work, and textiles.
- How to Reach: Sanganer airport in Jaipur is located 12 kilometres away from the city. Jaipur railway station is 5 km away from city. A range of roadways and state buses ply from nearby cities like Delhi, Agra, Kota and Alwar.
Udaipur is at the 2nd spot in the list of Top Places to Visit in Rajasthan. It’s a city in the state of Rajasthan in India. its also known as the “City of Lakes”. It is the historic capital of the kingdom of Mewar in the former Rajputana Agency. It was founded in 1558 by Udai Singh II of the Sisodia clan of Rajput. The city is located in the southernmost part of Rajasthan, near the Gujarat border. Its surrounde by the Aravali Range, which separates it from the Thar Desert. It is around 660 km from Delhi and approximately 800 km from Mumbai. It is connected to almost two major cities. Common languages spoken here are Hindi, English and Rajasthani. Udaipur is the best places to visit in Rajasthan in November. it is one of the most romantic cities in India for couples and honeymooners.
- Places to see: City Palace, Pichola Lake, Jagmandir, Jagadish Temple, Saheliyon-Ki-Bari, Monsoon palace, Ahar Museum, Moti Magri, Fateh Sagar Lake and more.
- Famous For: The Rajput-era palaces, Natural Beauty and scenic locations.
- How to Reach: Maharana Pratap Airport in Udaipur about 22 km away from the main city. Udaipur railway station is 3 km away from the main city. Udaipur well connected by road to all the major cities of Rajasthan and its neighbouring states.
Pushkar is at the 3rd spot in the list of Top Places to Visit in Rajasthan. Its a city in the Ajmer district in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is 10 km away from northwest of Ajmer. It is about 150 km away from southwest of Jaipur. Pushkar is one of the oldest cities in Rajasthan. Who has not lost his old world charm yet. Pushkar is city of great mythological significance. It is a pilgrimage site for Hindus and Sikhs. Pushkar has many temples and Ghats. Most of the temples and ghats in Pushkar are from the 18th century. The most famous among Pushkar temples is the red spired Brahma Temple built by Gurjar samrat Pushkar, who is father of Vedmata Gayatri, who was a chechi kanya married to lord brahma.
Pushkar located on the shore of Pushkar Lake, which has many ghats where pilgrims bathe. It is also significant for its Gurdwaras for Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh. One of the bathing ghats is called Gobind ghat built by the Sikhs in the memory of Guru Gobind Singh. Pushkar is famous for its annual fair featuring a trading fete of cattle, horses and camels. It is held over seven days in autumn marking Kartika Purnima according to the Hindu calendar, October or November. It attracts nearly 200,000 people. In 1998, Pushkar hosted about 1 million domestic and international tourists over the year.
- Places to see: Pushkar Lake, Savitri Mata Temple, Pushkar Fair, Khawaja Gharib Nawaz, Anasagar Lake, Foy Sagar Lake, Ajmer Jain Temple, Nareli Jain Temple and more.
- Famous For: Sacred Pushkar lake, Brahma temple and Camel safari.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport to Pushkar is in Jaipur, which is 140 kilometres away. The nearest railway station is Ajmer and its 30 km away from the pushkar. Buses from Delhi to Ajmer and further to Pushkar are easily available.
Jodhpur is the second-largest city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. its officially the second metropolitan city of the state. Its historically the capital of the Kingdom of Marwar, which is now part of Rajasthan. It is a popular tourist destination. It is popularly known as Blue city and Sun city among people of Rajasthan and all over India. The famous blue city of India, is one of the most refreshing places to visit in Rajasthan during December as well as other winter months. Jodhpur most notable attractions place are Mehrangarh Fort, the blue bylanes of the old city are also an attraction, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, and the Ghanta Ghar. Other attractions of people are at markets of food, antique items, traditional clothes and traditional shoes (also called jodhpuri Mojari) held in jodhpur.
- Places to see: Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mherangarh Fort and Museum, Jaswant Thada, Kaylana Lake, Bal Samand Lake, Mandore Garden and more.
- Famous For: It is famous for its blue buildings, which were originally painted to signify that they were occupied by Brahmins, the highest caste in India.
- How to Reach: Jodhpur airport and Railway station both, are located close to the city Center. Good connectivity is to the rest of the Indian states.
Jaisalmer is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is nicknamed “The Golden city”. City located 575 kilometres west of the state capital Jaipur. Jaisalmer fort contains a royal palace and several ornate Jain temples. Many of the houses and temples of both the fort, and of the town below, are built of finely sculptured sandstone. The town lies in the heart of the Thar Desert. Jaisalmer is one of the best Place to visit in winter.
- Places to see: Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake, Patwon Ki Haweli, Salam Sing Ki Haweli, Vyas Chhatri, The Thar Heritage Museum and more.
- Famous For: Jain temples and the Jaisalmer Fort.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is the Jodhpur about 285 km away from Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer has its own railway station which is well-connected to major cities like that of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, and so on.
Bikaner is a city in the northwest of the state of Rajasthan, India. It is located 330 kilometres northwest of the state capital, Jaipur. Bikaner city is the administrative headquarters of Bikaner District and Bikaner division. The city was founded by Rao Bika in 1488. The city is most famous for its savoury snack Bikaneri bhujia which is sold all over the world. Other special Food items for which Bikaneri is well known are Bajre ki Roti, Dal baati Churma, Ghevar, Halvas, Papads, Rasgulla, Gulab Jamun, Kachori, Samosa etc. Bikaner city is the best place to visit during the winter vacation.
- Places to see: Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Palace, Devi Kund Sagar, National Research Center On camels, Seth Bhandasar Jain Temple, Prachina Museum and more.
- Famous For: Handicrafts, leather, Forts and palaces.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is that of the jodhpur Airport which is 272 kilometers away. By train, one can deboard at either Lalgarh Junction which is 3 kilometers away, or the Bikaner Junction which is about 2 kilometers away from the city Centre.
7. Mount Abu
Mount Abu is a hill station in Sirohi district of Rajasthan state near the border of Gujarat. The mountain forms a rocky plateau 22 km long by 9 km wide. The highest peak on the mountain is Guru Shikhar at 1,722 m above sea level. It is referred to as ‘an oasis in the desert’ as its heights are home to rivers, lakes, waterfalls and evergreen forests. Mount Abu is one of the great places to visit in Rajasthan in 3 days. It is very popular Hill Station in Rajasthan and a lot of people like to go here in winter.
- Places to see: Nakki Lake, Dilwara Temple, Toad Rock, Sunset Point, Raghunath Temple, Honeymoon Point and more.
- Famous For: Temple of Guru Dattatray, sunset point and botting in nakki lake.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport is that of Udaipur which is 185 kilometers away. The nearest railway station is that of Abu Road which is located about 25 kilometers away from the city Centre.
Alwar located 150 km south of Delhi and 150 km north of Jaipur. It is a city in India’s National Capital Region and the administrative headquarters of Alwar District in the state of Rajasthan. Alwar is a hub of tourism with several forts, lakes, heritage havelis. It is nature reserves, including the Bhangarh Fort, the Sariska Tiger Reserve and Siliserh lake.Alwar is the supposedly oldest and rich in its cultural heritage. Encircled by the Aravalli Range on all sides, Alwar serves as one of the best winter getaways in the state of Rajasthan with a perfect balance of nature, adventure, and luxury. Alwar City Palace, from 1793, blends architectural styles. It has marble pavilions on lotus-shaped bases in its courtyard, plus a museum with rare manuscripts.
- Places to see: Alwar Fort, Moosi Maharani Ki Chhatri, Siliserh Lake, Siliserh Lake Palace, Alwar City Palace Vinay Villas Palace and more.
- Famous For: Royal architectures and exquisite temples.
- How to Reach: Sanganer airport in Jaipur is the closest airstrip to Alwar located at a distance of about 162 kilometres. By train, you can get to Alwar Rail station.
Chittorgarh is a major city in Rajasthan state of western India. It lies on the Berach River, a tributary of the Banas. It is the administrative headquarters of Chittorgarh District and a former capital of the Sisodia Rajput Dynasty of Mewar. The city of Chittaurgarh is located on the banks of river Gambhiri and Berach. Chittorgarh is home to the Chittor Fort, the largest fort in India and Asia. It is basically called Chitrakoot. the Chittor Fort is said to have been built by Chitranga, a king of the maurya clan. Famous places to see in the city are Kalika Mata Temple, Chittorgarh Fort, Vijay Stambh, Kirti Stambh etc. Best time to visit in chittorgadh November and winter season.
- Places to see: Chittor Fort, Vijaya Stambha, Meera Temple, Kalika Mata Temple Chittorgadh Fort, Fateh Prakash Palace, Padamini Palace and more.
- Famous For: Alluring Chittor Fort.
- How to Reach: The Dabok Airport in Udaipur is the nearest airport located at a distance of about 98 kilometres. Travelers can also reach the city via train.
Nagaur is a city in the state of Rajasthan in India. It is the administrative headquarters of Nagaur District. The Nagaur city lies about midway between jodhpur and bikaner. Nagaur is famous for spices (Maithi). Nagaur have huge mineral resources. Naguar also has a temple of Maheshwari community kuldevi in the name of known as deresiya mata mandir. The city of Nagaur holds a great significance in the history of the epic Mahabharata. It is a must for all the history buffs to visit the district of Nagaur wherein one can never fall short of historical tales.
- Places to see: Sambhar Salt Lake, Naya Darwaja, Kuchaman Fort, and more.
- Famous For: Its historical significance.
- How to Reach: Jodhpur is the nearest airport located at a distance of about 137 kilometres. whereas Nagaur has it own railway station that is well-connected to the major Indian cities
Click Here for Information About More Exciting Places